If someone came to me and asked, “What is the best way to guarantee engagement on Twitter?“, I’d tell them that my 44,000+ tweet history brings me to these conclusions:
Counting down the top 5 ways to “win” at Twitter
5. Complain that your spouse/child/relative/dog is driving you crazy.
4. Add hashtags to your tweets.
3. Mention your need for wine.
2. Mention your need for coffee.
1. Mention bacon. Anything about bacon. Tweeting just that word and that word alone will elicit a response.
Don’t believe me?
And if you really want to get wild, add a hashtag to it.
#6. Invent your own hashtag, and use it in combination with any of the above points.