A few years back, I purchased my name as a domain. Like any good blogger, business owner, and social media manager, I understand the importance of owning this. And, heck, for the $10 a year that it costs to own it, it’s pretty cheap insurance.
After I had my own domain for a while, I decided to start a free WordPress blog where I could still write about social media, but perhaps from a standpoint slightly different than what I write about on my business’ blog. Back then, I thought I was very busy with work and much younger kids, though I managed to write here every few weeks. Flash forward a few years and with the Eli Rose business having grown by leaps and bounds, and this lil’ blog sits quiet for months at a time.
Kristin and I both blog every week on our business’ site; it’s one of our biggest marketing tasks. So in an attempt to liven up this part of the internet, I decided to pull together my personal favorite posts over the past few months to share with you.
My Top 5 Favorite Posts from July through October 2015
- 8 Reasons Why you Won’t Succeed with Social Media All too often, we talk only about social media best practices. But sometimes it’s not about what the right things are to do so much as it is about what you are doing to hurt your effectiveness.
- 4 Ways Today’s Facebook Ad will Help Tomorrow’s There’s so much to be learned from every Facebook ad you run. Make sure you are fully utilizing the data you have to make the most of your future ads.
- How to Effectively Divide and Conquer Small business owners cannot do it all. Here’s a look at how Kristin and I divvy up our online marketing tasks.
- Don’t Be Scared to SEO your Website Every chance I get, I like to help demystify SEO. If you can manage your own website, there’s a lot you can be doing yourself to optimize it for search.
- Facebook Marketing: How Users Redeem your Offers Facebook Offers are an under-utilized but effective type of Facebook ad. Here’s what the process of claiming an Offer looks like from your customers’ viewpoint.