The data is all there.
– According to Nielsen, a 2018 report indicated adults in the US spend almost 6 hours a day on video.
– More than 500 million hours of video are watched on YouTube each day.
– Embedded videos in websites can increase traffic by 55%.
– Marketers who use video see a revenue growth 49% faster than non-video users.
So, Yes, Video is Important to your Online Marketing
But how do you make video manageable and useful for you and your small business?
Small business owners don’t have the budget to hire out video work, but there are ways to be effective cost-wise, effective marketing-wise, and effective time-wise while still incorporating video into your online marketing strategy.
- You don’t have to be on the video Ask an employee if they feel comfortable standing in front of the camera. All you need is 1 person who is willing to give it a try, and this employee(s) can easily become the voice and face of your business in your video marketing going forward.
- You can make videos with your smart phone Smart phones cameras are so high quality now that with good lighting, clear sound, and an interesting background, you can simply hold up your phone and tap to record.
- You can make a video from photos Facebook has a super cool post type called Photo Slideshow. It is available as one of the photo post options on your Business Page and works just likes a video! You can even add music to it. Learn more about it and how to create one here.
- You can turn blog posts into videos using Lumen5 Maybe writing is your jam, but the video thing terrifies you. Using Lumen5, you can turn your blog post into a video…and for free! Read more about it here.
- You are OK with recorded videos, but really want to try “live” Give Facebook Premiere a try. Here’s how to set it up using your pre-recorded video.
- Create a Facebook Video Cover Photo I just made my first one yesterday using Lumen5 and there’s not one second of video footage of me, either. I chose the 16:9 ratio since there isn’t a Facebook cover video preset template. You can watch it here.
Keep in mind, too, that video is something that can be easily repurposed on many platforms. So any work you put in to create 1 video will pay off time and time again. Even a Photo Slideshow can be downloaded from your Facebook Page as a video file.